Email: jj.orban AT kuleuven DOT be
Gebouw De Nayer, room 02.20
Tervuursevest 101 - box 1501
Since 1st December 2014: Assistant Professor in the Movement Control and Neuroplasticity Group, Faculty of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences, KU Leuven, Belgium.
2011-2014: Post-Doc at Université catholique de Louvain with Philippe Lefèvre sponsored by the Brussels region (Grant Brains Back to Brussels).
2007-2010: Post-Doc in the Laboratory of Computational Motor Control (Johns Hopkins University, USA) under the supervision of Prof. Reza Shadmehr.
2002-2007: PhD student at CESAME and Laboratory of Neurophysiology (UCL, Belgium). Thesis: Tracking the invisible requires prediction and internal models. Promotor: P. Lefèvre.
1997-2002: Study of engineer in applied mathematics. Master thesis: "Modelling of anticipatory responses build-up in repetitive oculomotor tasks" with P. Lefèvre and G. Blohm
- Elected board member of the Neural Control of Movement society (www.ncm-society.org) Term: 2014-2017
- Editorial board member of Frontiers in Human Neuroscience
- Editorial board member of The Journal of Neuropshysiology
- Collaborative Grant with Daichi Nozaki (University of Tokyo, Japan) funded by FNRS (Belgium) and JPSP (Japan)
- Travel Award to NCM meeting 2011
- Grant Brains Back to Brussels from the Brussels region (2010-2013, renewed for 2014 and 2015).
- Award from "Fondation pour la vocation" Belgium
- Travel Award for the Computational principles of sensorimotor learning (Irsee, Germany, 13-15 Sept 09)
- Grant from the Belgian American Educational Foundation
- Grant "Fonds spéciaux de recherche" from the Université catholique de Louvain
- Grant "Bourse de séjour scientifique" from the "Fonds National pour la Recherche Scientifique", Belgium (equivalent to the National Science Foundation)